The Lumberjack: An NAU tradition since 1914. Jackcentral.org is produced and maintained by staff of The Lumberjack newspaper and the Media Innovation Center in the School of Communication at Northern Arizona University.
Our goal is to bring the news that is important to you through an expanding variety of different media, including broadcast, web and print. The Lumberjack has been a Flagstaff staple since its founding as The Pine in 1914. In 1946, students voted to change the name to The Lumberjack, and the newspaper has gradually evolved into its current form as a weekly publication.
The Lumberjack has been the recipient of a number of awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, the College Newspaper Business & Advertising Managers and the Arizona Newspapers Association.
Matthew Strissel, Editor-in-Chief - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ariel Cianfarano, Managing Editor - email@example.com
- Conor Sweetman, Director of Digitial Content — firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Besing, Copy Chief — email@example.com
Brady Wheeler, Print Chief — bew85@@nau.edu
- Chandler Staley, Assistant News Editor — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peggy Packer, Opinion Editor — email@example.com
- Maria Angulo, Assistant Opinion Editor — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sebastian Moore, Culture Editor — email@example.com
- Kade Gilliss, Sports Editor — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bailey Helton, Assistant Sports Editor — email@example.com
- MaryAnn Witt, Features Editor — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Devyn Coons, Assistant Features Editor — email@example.com
- Shannon Swain, Director of Photography — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Ainsley Cowan, Assistant Director of Photography — email@example.com
- Michael Patacsil, Senior Photographer — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Dobrydney, Director of Illustration — email@example.com
- Colton Starley, Senior Illustrator — firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Lemarr, Director of Mulitmedia — email@example.com
- TBD, Director of Social Media —